Wednesday, October 14, 2009

BLD Restaurant

I came here for a late lunch with a good girlfriend of mine on a Sunday afternoon. Since the football season has started the restaurant was pretty much empty. I don't know if that was the reason or not, but the service was really great. From our server to the manager, everyone was attentive and friendly. 

 

 We started with the bruleed grapefruit and let me just say, this was so refreshing and delicious! It's fairly simple, but it was the perfect amount of sour and sweet. Next time I go, I'll be ordering this as a desssert and eat it AFTER my main dish.















My friend got the fried egg sandwich with home fries, who mentioned that it was delicious but on the salty side. 





























I got the cuban style spicy pork sandwich with a salad on the side. The sandwich was juicy and full of flavor. It was cheesy and the spices were perfect! I'm glad I got the side salad because it did a good job of breaking up the heaviness of the sandwich. I would definitely order it again! The portions are big so I took half of the sandwich and ate it for lunch the next day.

I can see why BLD is a popular spot for brunch/lunch. It's a great place to people watch on a sunny day (and you get a lot of those in Los Angeles). I'll have to come back to try the dinner menu, but for lunch I'd say it's definitely worth a visit.

BLD on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails