Thursday, February 3, 2011

Papa Cristo's

Everybody loves Papa Cristo's...

Really, they do. I know this because every time I talk about this place someone always chimes in and goes on and on about how much they love it. So, yea... I know.

I always pass by this place en route to/from the 10 freeway so I know the outside pretty well. It's been on my radar for quite some time so when someone suggested this for lunch after church, I quickly jumped on that wagon. It was a sunny Sunday afternoon and we found street parking right out in front - SCORE! If you grew up in LA, you know how shitty the parking is in this damn city. So whenever I find street parking, it feels like I found money. It's like gold! Anyways... The place wasn't too packed. There were a few bodies in the marketplace and few more waiting in line to order. Here, you order first, get a number and grab a seat in the dining room.




beef kabob, marinated filet mignon, greek salad, greek potatoes, tzatziki sauce, pita

I love kabobs or kebabs, so my natural choice was the beef kabob plate. The beef was nicely seasoned and when eaten with the warm pita and salad you don't feel as bad. But then, I go right back to feeling bad as soon as I scarf down the delicious potatoes. Thank goodness the salad was there... it made me look less fat.

chicken kabob, marinated chicken breast, greek salad, greek potatoes, tazatziki sauce, pita

My friend wanted to be healthy and order chicken. HA! The potatoes were still delicious, but I found the chicken to be a bit dry. I usually always order chicken or fish at restaurants, but whenever I see kabobs, I always order beef.

octopodakia, grilled baby octopus

gyro sandwich

tzatziki sauce

Our group shared the grilled baby octopus salad with tomatoes and cucumbers. I really loved this dish and recommend any seafood lover to order it. The smokiness from the grill coupled with the oceanic flavor of the octopus was delicious, especially with lemon juice over the top. The sweetness of the tomatoes and the crunchy cucumbers were a nice touch to the dish. I even dipped these little babies in the very addicting tzatziki sauce. That sauce is MONEY. You can eat that with everything. I ate it with my beef kabobs, the octopus dish and of course, with the gyro sandwich. I only had a bite of the sandwich, but I was so full I could only have one bite. The sandwich was good, but I would still go back and order the beef kabob plate.

Besides the great food and friendly service, another great element to dining here is the Papa Cristo Club Card. Every time you purchase an item (specific rules apply - see back of card), you earn a stamp. You can trade six stamps for a free sandwich or wait until you get 12 for a free dinner plate. It sure pays to eat!

Papa Cristo's on Urbanspoon

Papa Cristo's in Los Angeles on Fooddigger

Papa Cristo's
2771 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90006
(323) 737-2970

4 comments:

bagnatic said...

i've been hearing about this place a lot. thanks for the glimpse into it. yummy looking and the grilled baby octo sounds like a must order!

Kung Food Panda said...

I've never been there before....I think that needs to be fixed ASAP!

nelehelen said...

amy - i really enjoyed the baby octopus. get it when you go!

danny - yes, that needs to be fixed! maybe hit this up on a ktown food tour? hahaha if you do, i'm in!

Diana said...

Thanks for the reminder that I still need to try Papa Cristos! It's so close to me it seems a shame I've never been!

Related Posts with Thumbnails